MOFs are an exciting new material creating value for a diverse range of applications. Huge advantages of MOFs made they became very hot products, which also promotes the need of people for MOFs with different properties. At Alfa Chemistry, we have produced plentiful high-quality MOFs with excellent properties through various methods. And now, we provide the custom synthesis service and synthesize any MOFs that are selected or are specifically requested. By work with companies across different industries, Alfa Chemistry has become the industry leader of MOFs. Alfa Chemistry is your ideal partner to synthesize and produce various MOFs. We can enable you to lead innovation by providing custom MOFs. Please contact us if there is a need in this regard products.
Using our unrivalled MOFs experience, we can custom synthetic any MOFs in a fast and high-quality way.
- According to the configuration, we can provide custom MOFs including but not limited to the following:
- MIL series MOFs
- CPL series MOFs
- ZIF series MOFs
- PCN series MOFs
- UIO series MOFs
- IRMOF series MOFs
- According to the coordination metal ion types, we can provide custom MOFs including but not limited to the following:
- According to the structural features, we can provide custom 2D MOFs and 3D MOFs.
Upon completion of the project, in addition to delivering the target MOFs product, we will provide experimental data related to the target MOFs, including synthetic records (synthetic original record) and characterization analysis data (single crystal X-ray diffraction (SXRD), powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, scanning electron microscope (SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), nitrogen adsorption, etc.).
Alfa Chemistry uses various methods to synthesize MOFs, some of them are shown as below.
- Solvothermal synthesis: Solvothermal is the most common method for MOFs synthesis. In this method, organic ligand and the metal react with each other inside the organic solvent. Organic solvents are chiefly used including ethanol, DMF (dimethylformamide), DMA (dimethylacetamide), DEF (diethylformamide), etc. Solvothermal synthesis affords higher yields and better crystallinity of the product.
- Sonochemical synthesis: Sonochemical uses the ultrasound—20 KHz–10 MHz—for MOFs synthesis. Ultrasound can cause changes in pressure which generates cavities (small bubbles) in the solvent. Over time, these bubbles grow and collapse (cavitation) which leads to extraordinarily high temperature and pressure. The high temperature and pressure create hot regions close to the liquid which subsequently lead to the occurrence of reactions chemically culminating in the MOFs generation. This method of MOFs synthesis is facile, efficient and inexpensive.
- Mechanochemical synthesis: In this method, mechanical force is applied on the reactant, which causing both physical and chemical changes of reactant, finally synthesis of MOFs. Due to being free of solvent and no need for high temperature and pressure, this method is more economical and green.
- Electrochemical synthesis: The electrochemical method is an easy, fast, scalable, size-controllable, and eco-friendly approach. In this method, ions are placed at the anode while the organic ligand is placed at the cathode and the electrochemical cell is filled with a conducting salt solution.
- Microwave synthesis: In microwave synthesis, as a type of radiation with 1 m-1 mm wavelength, microwave generates heat energy that interacts directly with reaction media without any intermediary, which result in more efficient and faster heating. Microwave is a promising, simple, fast, eco-friendly methods for MOFs production.
- Slow evaporation synthesis: The method does not need any external energy supply. In this method, the initial solution is progressively concentrated by the slow evaporation of the solvent and MOFs are synthesized at room temperature. However, the advantage of using room temperature results in significantly longer synthesis times than other methods.
The synthesis conditions of different approaches commonly used for MOFs preparation are shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. 1. The synthesis conditions of different approaches for MOFs preparation .
Customer Order Process
- Bedia J., et al. A review on the synthesis and characterization of metal organic frameworks for photocatalytic water purification[J]. Catalysts, 2019, 9(1): 52.